Riding my bike is probably my favorite thing to do.
Here are some reasons why:
- Exercise doesn’t feel like exercise anymore.
- I look forward to going to work (or at least the ride there).
- I don’t have to re-fill my gas tank every week.
- I save money on gas, car maintenance, and other costs associated with driving.
- I get great cardio without having to run. (I hate running.)
- There are social benefits to riding my bike, and the opposite effect occurs when I’m driving in traffic.
- I get to take in my city’s beauty through its back roads, instead of taking the same crowded street every single day.
- I get a moment with nature every morning and afternoon. (Smelling the flowers, feeling the wind… hugging the trees…all that good stuff.)
- It’s fun! (To me, at least.)
- Bicycling is the fastest non-motorized form of transportation (aside from riding a horse, which is not quite as practical.)
- I get more respect from car drivers on my bicycle than I ever did in my car. Generally I always have the right of way (even if I don’t).
- Riding my bike is so much better for the environment.
- I don’t need to worry about parking, nor do I have to pay to do so.
- It’s much safer to operate.
- My bike is 100x easier, cheaper, and more fun to maintain than my car is.
If you have any questions about purchasing a bike or want some tips on how to transition your daily commute, feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂